Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Battle Begins

Day one of the battle went great, up until the part where I realized that the Blue-Kote antiseptic that I was putting on the hens was also getting all over my hands. Not a problem, I would just wash it off afterwards, right?




This is yet another reason why it is important to READ THE LABEL before using. "May permanently stain skin and clothing". Yes, I see that.

Not to worry, I had a mission. I continued to dose each hen with Blue-Kote and soon realized that this was not a job for one person. Holding a squirming hen while trying to daub them with lotion is a challenge at the best of times, trying not to get any more of the damn stuff on skin or clothing was near impossible.

So I decided to wait one more day until my dear sweet fireman could help.

Sorry girls, you will have to squirm for one more day.


No comments:

Post a Comment