Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let's start with the front door...

I decided it was time for a little bit of holiday decorating, with Christmas only weeks away I need to get myself into a festive frame of mind.  We are going tree hunting on Saturday, but in the meantime I could at least drag out some of our decorations and get a move on.

I decided to begin with the front door. It's a small area and relatively simply to decorate!  I began by finding the wreath, which thankfully last year I put away in a box labelled "wreath".  Very helpful.

Then I began to walk about the yard looking for items to put into the planter. It's amazing what you can find only steps from the door! The colours, textures and amazing differences in greenery were quite lovely.  In minutes, I had an interesting array of plants to add to my Christmas display.

A wee wooden sled finished the look.


Now, to begin the holiday baking....

No comments:

Post a Comment