Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Dobby Update

I could swear his fat roll on his neck is smaller. It could be my imagination, perhaps I am simply adjusting to it - but I can now get one hand around it and I am quite certain that used to be impossible. Don't get me wrong, he is still a portly mister - but I do think that the walks and romps with Radar, along with the right diet are starting to have an effect.  We have also ensured that he has a mineral block, I did some reading and obesity in donkeys can often be a result of poor minerals.  Regardless, he has a ways to go, but Chubby Dobby and I are on our way to a leaner spring!  Truth be told, he is doing much better than I am. You would think all of the barn chores would burn up some calories.  I swear my neck roll got a few inches larger...

No comments:

Post a Comment