Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tiny Biting Fire Breathing Dragons

I am convinced they are not simply mosquitos.  The size of the bite, the way they arrive in droves like tiny armies...they appear to be well organized militia.

I have tried all sorts of repellants, and since I hate using deet I have become creative. After some research, it seems that they hate the Lantana plant. So I have now begun searching for them in earnest.

I managed to find one at Home Depot, but it was the last one available. (Seems I am not the only person who has been doing my research!) Who wouldn't like a lovely flowering plant that serves a dual purpose?

I tried rubbing the leaves of the plant on my arms last night as I was out in the garden.

It was quite effective. I would say only the calvary got through, the foot soldiers appeared to stay away.

I think I may have found my new summer repellant!

No comments:

Post a Comment